Sunday 1 October 2017

Scrap the Girls October Challenge


Good morning everyone

I'm here to share the new challenge for Scrap the Girls.

This one's a beauty and works perfectly with all your girly pictures.

 
Yep draw inspirations from this moodboard.
 
Now I'm not a pinky person, but as it's teamed with black and white I knew I was all set!
 
Here's what I came up with:
 
A photo taken recently at my daughter's 16th birthday.
 
Her and her gorgeous friends.
 
Definitely a photo to scrap.
 
 

I used a subtle pink on my background and then added in stronger highlights of pink.

I used a 2Crafty Chipboard 'gorgeous'  title and Doily Frames, which I painted in black.

 
I added in some metals from Scrap Matrix.  This place seriously has the best metals and they are a bargain price!  You can shop for them HERE.

Most of them come in a brassy vintage colour, but I wanted them to be a bit funkier, so I applied white gesso and black gesso to them.  Love the way they turned out!

The 7Dots Tags came from Scrap Matrix too.



I also added lots of Kit the Habit goodies.

There's some die cut feathers, some acetate 'play' shapes, and that quote is from our 'Little Bit of Randoms'.  It works perfectly for this story.  I think the 'Randoms' are my favourite Kit the Habit item!
Although really it's like choosing a favourite child - it's not possible and it changes depending on the day!

This month's sponsor is the delightful Janet from Resin Rainbow.  Her stuff is so cool.  You can check it out on her Etsy Store HERE.

 
I can't wait to see all your entries this month, so don't forget to link up on our BLOG.  Whilst you are there, do yourself a favour and check out all the inspiration from the other Design Team Members.  They've totally nailed this challenge.
 
See you soon
 
xx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment