Monday 14 August 2017

Epic Project Life USA trip Part Three...

Hi all

Back to share a few more Project Life spreads from our trip to America last year.

I've already shared Part One HERE and Part Two HERE.

Today I'm sharing a spread detailing a family wedding (the real reason this trip happened) and a spread that details a few days spent at Uncle Brady's.

So let's start with the wedding....such an amazing day, the details were just gorgeous.  They certainly pulled off this 'backyard wedding' with finesse, the attention to detail made all of us guests feel so honoured to be there and that we were a part of something really special.



When I plan and print my photos I usually let the colours in the photos dictate my colour scheme. This works really well for weddings! As this was an indigo inspired wedding, I went with Navy, woodgrain and some splashes of pinks and peaches.

Here's the left side:


You might be able to spot a book I created for the beautiful couple....it's a guest book where people wrote messages of love, support and memories.

I was thrilled to be asked to create it and it was so much fun to make.  I must do a blog post about it one of these days.

The right hand side:


You will notice I've included the invitation - I simply punched holes down one side and added it directly.

 
I also included the thankyou note from the beautiful bride and groom....I just stuck the back of it in a pocket and let the front sit outside the pocket, creating a cool lift up.


I also created my own 'lift-ups' by adding photos with washi tape and popping it in the pockets the same way as the thankyou -you can add as many photos as you like - it kinda makes a little mini book and you just adhere the last page in and let the remainder sit on top of the pocket.


I love how it allows me to add extra photos and even journaling without using up more pockets!!



So the next spread is all about a wonderful few days we spend with Uncle Brady and his family....
 


We did so many fun things whilst we were there - we visited NASA, we celebrated our nephew's first birthday, went to Galveston, just to name a few.

Here's the left side:



We did so much that I didn't have enough pockets so I added in an insert from a 6x8 album.
I like the different sizes and the interest this creates.


I created some hinged bits for extra journaling and photos, just using some washi tape to join them to the pockets.


I included the invitation to my nephew's party.  I just punched holes in  it and added it directly.

So cute....he had a 'Hungry Caterpillar' party.  Everything was amazing and you may have guessed that this is where I got my colour scheme from.


I attached a pocket to the back of the invite and added tickets from a Rollercoaster ride we went on at Kemah Boardwalk.

I love including all these items that you collect along the way.

 
I also added in an envelope to hold our maps from NASA.

I just used an ordinary stationary envelope and prettied it up with another pocket to hold our NASA tickets and a postcard I purchased.

I like to be able to take out the maps and look at them so an envelope allows this to happen and also prevents me from putting holes in my maps. Win Win.


Here's a look at the right hand side, once all the extra little bits have been turned over.
 

Again I created my own 'hinged bits' with washi tape so I could include more photos and more stories.



 
So many wonderful memories captured forever.
Sigh. 

I'll be back soon with the next stage.


 

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS LOs. I have a album to make of my trip to Paris, England & Scotland, from last year. I have been collecting bits and pieces, and your pages have given me some great ideas, for my album. A HUGE THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful Selma, so happy to hear that, thankyou xx

      Delete