Sunday 13 August 2017

Epic Project Life catch up....

So one of my goals whilst in recovery mode from recent major surgery was to complete our recent USA trip in last year's Project Life.

Well if I'm honest......I have to actually start it too!

Such an overwhelming project.......but something I really want to do.



Normally my Project Life is a week by week spread, however, what I've decided to do with this project is scrap subjects.  For example do a couple of spreads on Disneyland, one on family, one on each family member that we stayed with etc. 

You see I have over 4,000 photos and I love them all!! Each of them has a specific memory attached to them, so selecting the ones to put into this project is so overwhelming (probably why I've left it!) So hopefully this method will break it down a little.

Also I want to include lots of ephemera.....tickets, maps and things collected along the way. 

Aaaah the pressure.

 

Good idea!  Starting is the hardest hey.

Something I had to tell myself - which I do often, as I'm a bit of a perfectionist is that in 10 years time I will be just so glad I completed SOMETHING, and I will be very regretful if I complete NOTHING.  So it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be something....

One of the things I adore about Project Life, and actually scrapping in general is reliving those special moments in our life. 
So although this project had overwhelmed me, I loved going back and reliving our amazing trip again!!

I will share it with you on my blog, a few pages at a time.

It's ended up being over 15 spreads long, so I'll photograph and blog in stages, as that too is a big job!

This post features Disneyland.....

So without further ado......


The left side.....


And the right:
 
 
 
Sorry about the photos, when I loaded them onto here I noticed that there was so much glare....but I just couldn't photograph them all again!
 
Hopefully it gives you the idea though....
 
 
The next Disneyland page....
 
 
One of my goals was to include lots of pockets with maps, tickets etc inside.
 
 
I didn't want to put a hole punch through my maps and attach them directly as I wanted to be able to open them up and look at them easily, so I created these pockets.  They are made out of envelopes I already had - just normal stationary envelopes.  I decorated them with stickers etc and added a strip to the side for strength and for the holes.
 
 
I also added tickets inside pockets - tickets for Disneyland, tickets for rides, fast passes etc
 
 
As I had so many photos, I added a few more by creating flaps (I hate that word, lets call them hinged bits from now on) using washi tape....
 
I do this so often in my Project Life album, especially when I have multiple photos for one story and don't want to fill up any more pockets - I just add a strip of washi tape inbetween the photos. When I tuck it into my pocket, I make sure only the bottom is placed in the pocket, and that the lift up sections are hanging out so that they can be lifted.
 
 
I love the interactiveness (is that a word?) that this gives...
 
It also allow me to add lots more journaling, and also adds to that touchy feely experience.
 
Here's the left side:
 
 
And the right:
 
 
Again, lots of glare......sorry.
 
The final page of Disneyland is:
 
 
Again a few more homemade hinged bits....
 
 
The left side:
 

And the right:

 
Again too much glare, but hope you can still see the pictures.... 
 
So that's the Epic Project Life Part One.....
 
I'll be back to share Part Two very soon.
 
I'd love you to leave me a comment....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment