Friday 3 February 2017

You make me Happy.....

Good morning everyone.
 
This week I'm sharing a layout for All About Scrapbooks - the online store where I get a lot of my scrappy supplies.
 
I adore being on their Design Team and creating for them each week.
 
So this week my kids went back to school this week so I managed a bit of creative play.
 
I felt like getting a bit painty, my go to paints are Dylusions - love the vibrant colours.
 
I began by applying white gesso to my background.
 
I then got out 3 different paints - a turquoise, an emerald and a lime.
 
I kinda just added a bit of this, and a bit of that to my brush, and lots of water.
 
As soon as I saw the awesome colour combo, I knew I wanted to pair it with just simple black and white.
 
 
So I hunted through my leftover bits of Bella Boulevard and Simple Stories.
 
I created a few layers behind my photos, and then embellished with 2Crafty Chipboard.
 
I used a title, a revolution frame, clustered hearts and some little mini hearts too.
 
I painted some white, and some black. 
 
To my title I added Glossy Accents to give a high gloss/resin finish.
 
 
After I had finished I stood back, and felt it needed something else.
 
I flicked white gesso onto the page.
 
I added black paint to the border of the layout and I also swiped some black paint over the chipboard frame.
 
 
Aaah, that's better, that pulled it all together!!
 
I hope you enjoyed this layout, I sure had fun creating it.
 
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment