Friday 5 August 2016

Wander.....

Good morning!
 
I'm here to share another layout using Pink Paislee's Fancy Free Collection!! available from my favourite scrappy store All About Scrapbooks.
This really will be my last one, as I have none left!!
Hmmmm maybe I could restock.....
 
 
This is the fourth layout I've created with this range.....and this one was just begging to be done.
When I saw that gorgeous floral paper, I just knew I had to cut into it.
 
So I started by applying white gesso in a thin layer to my white bazzill.  This acts as a barrier, and allows the paint to sit on top, rather than seep into the paper.
I then mixed my three paint colours together (pink, orange and white), and brushed it onto my cardstock. 
Once dry I applied texture paste using the wood grain section of my stencil, along one side.
 
 
I then added a few layers of papers behind my photos.
Now came the fun part! Cutting out those flowers and leaves. I really wasn't fussy with this part, as the watercolour look lends itself to imperfection.
I layered these up around my photo, along with my title and a few leftover embellishments.
 
 
Again, to finish off the layout, I cut a small strip from 2 sides, and then adhered it to a 12x12 paper from the range.  I love how this frames the page.
 
So who picked that this is another layout inspired by the fabulous Wilna Furstenberg?
It's got me using flowers again on my layouts!
 
I love that about scrapbooking!
There's always new techniques and everything old is new again. 
 I love that my style is constantly evolving. 
I love that I am continuously learning.
I love that I am being pushed as an artist.
I love that I am stepping out of my comfort zone.
I love that there is no right and no wrong.
 
Isn't it a wonderful hobby/passion?!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment