Friday 27 May 2016

Life is Amazing!!

Hi Everyone
 
Today I'm sharing a layout created for All About Scrapbooks using up what I had left from Simple Stories Life in Color range.
I love this range. I love it for both creating layouts and for keeping up with Project Life.
So versatile.
 
I'll start with my layout.
 
 
My background paper is one I had left from Basic Grey's Barista Range.
I ran a strip of paper down one side, and then swiped gesso in a messy, random style atop this strip and across the centre of the page. 
I then swiped some black paint in random spots, and applied a few flicks too.
I really wanted this part to look a bit grungy - as this page features my son - I wanted to enhance the 'messy boy' theme.
I began layering up with other papers, and added a few embellishments from the sticker sheets and also some of the chipboard frames I love.
 

 
I then added some 2Crafty chipboard, painting them black.
I cut out my title from a patterned paper (love this).
 

At this stage, my layout was predominantly black and yellow. I felt it needed a lift, so added a few pieces of red, with embellishments and torn strips of washi tape.
The red really lifted the layout.
 

To finish it off I added my journaling.  I encourage you all to journal on your pages.
Often this is the part we leave out, but really, words are crucial to telling your stories. 
Photos and embellishments can only tell so much.
Your words give your layout depth.
Your words make it personal.
Your words give it meaning and emotion.
 
I also created a Project Life Spread using up this range.
Here it is:
 
 
Here's the left side:
 
 
And the right:
 
 
As I said, this range tells our everyday stories so well!!
I could use this range over and over.
I love that I've completed another week of Project Life.
BIG Tick!
 
I'll be back soon.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment