Thursday 7 April 2016

Playing with Kit the Habit's CRAZY release

Hi everyone.

Many of you know how excited I am about Kit the Habit's latest release. YUP!!!
So I'm here to share a layout I created using it.

So much fun to play with this one.
I can't wait to share the rest of the stuff I've made.....



I started with white cardstock.  I applied transparent gesso, to seal it.

I then added some spritz using a technique I use often.  I grab a bit of clear plastic - you know the kind that is found around packaging (yep, keep everything!)  I then applied a couple of sprays of spritz directly to this plastic, and then added a couple of spritzes of water.
 I turn this over and pat it onto my cardstock.  I find it gives me more control of my spritz, and I can get it where I want it, rather than rely on my spraying!! (I'm sure we've all had those fails), and also it gives a stronger depth of colour than misting.



I then cut one of the PL cards in half and used it as a strip on my layout.  I love using frames on layouts, so I made my own!  I cut into a few PL cards to create a frame shape. I then layered these up with a few other PL cards.
I love the quotes along the edges of the cards.  They are perfect for not only  Project Life but also Scrapbooking, as they can be layered, and you can choose whether to have the quote showing or not!
'Calm ya Farm' is something the kids and I say, a lot! 

I added some 2Crafty Chipboard triangles, covering them in scraps of paper.  I also love how the 'negative' part of the chipboard can then be used as a stencil.  Finally I added a few embellies to finish it off.  I just LOVE LOVE that acrylic word!!

All the contents of the CRAZY Kit have been exclusively designed by the gorgeous Emzascrapper and myself for this release, with the exception of the chipboard.  We have used a lot of the 'things we say', and well its just about as crazy as we are. 
I love the little phrases in this release.  Inspiration for them came from our everyday life - the things the kids and I say, especially a few that make us laugh.  I'm guessing mine and Em's crazy household isn't the only ones that use these random sayings.
I'm also majorly crushing on the NEW Acrylic word and embellies! So gorgeous!  We are so happy with how these turned out, they will be found in future kits too!
And I'm such a flair girl.  I rarely do a layout without one!

If you missed the kit, or for a reminder, here it is:


If you'd like to grab one, go to our Facebook Group HERE (if you're not a member, we will approve you asap), and just comment 'Sold' on the Kit photo, and we will be in touch.

And that's a wrap!
I'll be back real soon with another layout.....

2 comments: