Friday 22 April 2016

All About Scrapbooks Design Work

Hi everyone!
Happy FriYay! 
 
Today I'm here to share my latest Design Work For All About Scrapbooks - a layout I created with just a few pieces of paper from Crate Paper's Wonder Collection.
 
This layout began with the photo. 
I was sent this photo recently (taken 4 years ago) of myself and my beautiful girl. 
 I was overcome with emotion, as she looks so little! 
She is now 14 and blossoming into an amazing woman, and this photo really highlighted that for me - how much she has changed in the last four years, and how much she will continue to change in the next few.
I knew immediately I had to scrap it.
 
I wanted to go with soft colours.
You see, my girl loves strong bright colours (like me), but I wanted to go softer, as a contrast to complement and highlight the story, and the emotions I was feeling.
So I teamed some of the softer colours from the Wonder Collection with Kraft and soft pink and gold. 
I really enjoyed creating with these colours, and it was something different for me.
I couldn't  help add in some strong black though.
 
Anyway, here is the layout:
 
 
I applied gesso to my background paper, then added some soft spritz and flicks of gold.
I then layered up with papers, adding in some doilies, and 2Crafty Chipboard Clump Hearts to complement the softness.
Most of my papers were cut from the paper with the tags - I love it when a company creates a paper like this.  I sit and cut out the bits and then use them to tuck in and around my photo.
 
I discovered some Basic Grey Cork Stickers that complemented the layout, so I added them in too.
And finished it off with a few gold embellies.
 
 
I'm really glad I journalled and documented this photo!
 
For those who know my work, know that I usually create 'something' out of the leftovers on my desk, whether it be a Project Life Spread, or a card.  I find everything leftover co-ordinates so well that I can whip something up really quickly.
 
This week, I created a Card:
 
 
The only extra piece I added was the chipboard frame. 
Everything else was leftover from the layout.
 
That's it for today.
Have a lovely weekend!
Tam
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment