Tuesday 2 February 2016

Kit the Habit and Project Life

Hi everyone!

Well I just can't stop playing around with Kit the Habit's first Kit Release!  It's gorgeous (if I do say myself!) and lots of fun to play with.
For those of you who don't know Kit the Habit is Me and my dear friend Emma Zappone.  We've teamed up to create some fun bits and pieces to enhance the scrapping in our lives and hopefully in yours too.  We have lots of ideas and plans, but first up we released our first Kit and Kaboodle.  It's full of pretty soft colours, feathers, birds and quotes.

I have previously made 2 layouts with this collection, but thought this time I'd create a Project Life Spread.  Many of you who have purchased the kits like to dapple in Project Life, so here's hoping this gives you some inspiration.


It's so hard to photograph Project Life because of the shine off the plastic!
Here's the left hand side......


And here's the right:


I loved using the quotes, the flairs and the die cut feathers! 

I added a couple of black and white cards - for those who follow me you will know that black and white really inspires me and ends up on nearly every layout!  I think the black and the white helps to pull everything together.  So I've added a couple of cards.  I actually just cut them from some scraps of paper that were sitting on my desk (leftover from the last layout I created).

I really like the pops of yellow and so I added a few more by spritzing the die cut feathers and arrows. 

I'm a big fan of words.....I love the way they sound, the way they look - everything about them.  So I added some words to the 2 Crafty Chipboard Feathers!  First I applied Gesso, and then I simply stamped with black ink.  I really love how this looks.

Often with my Project Life Spreads I want to add more photos, or journaling that is perhaps a little bit private. I do this by creating a 'flap'.  It's so easy to do.

 
I attach photos together, back to back, and then adhere to my PL Card using Washi Tape.  They actually sit outside of the plastic, so can be easily opened when looking through the album.
I use them all the time!
 
 
For those of you who missed the Kit and Kaboodle, here it is:
 
 
For those of you who purchased it - yippee!!! We are so happy and thankful. 
We hope you love it as much as we do. 
We invite you to share your creations in our facebook group Kit the Habit.  
Anyone that loves creating can join the group! 
 It's a great bunch of positive, like-minded crafters. 
 
Thanks everyone for stopping by.
 
Now go get your Kit On!
xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment