Friday 26 February 2016

All About Scrapbooks Design Team Work


This week whilst designing for All About Scrapbooks, I got to play with the gorgeous Happy Place by Fancy Pants
What a gorgeous range!!
Happy, fresh, with a colour palette that works for both boys and girls. 
It has a bit of a funky edge to it, and has triangular and plus shapes, which are very 'on trend' and also cool puffy stickers.  These are perfectly suited to the age of my kids (I have a 14 year old girl, a 12 year old boy).
 
 
I had a play around with some watercolours again in the background again.  I just splattered them on without thinking about it too much. 
I then added a bit of background stamping, ensuring the lines of the stamp followed the direction of the photo.
I added a few layers of papers from the paper pad, some stickers and a flair.
 
 
 
 
I painted some 2 Crafty chipboard as my title.  This title was actually the starting point for this layout.  As soon as I saw the words, it sparked a story - something my son and I say all the time. 
This is often how my layouts begin - with the story.  With what I want to say.  If I don't have this, I often just sit and shuffle.  But if I know what I want to capture, what I want to remember, the creative process just seems to 'happen'. 
 
What story are you inspired to tell?
 
Have a great weekend.
Love Tam
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! It's all about the story... Love the water colour touches & those stamped lines look really cool in the bg. This looks like a brill range to work with.... Fabulous page:):)

    ReplyDelete