Saturday 16 January 2016

Playing with Kit the Habit's Kit and Kaboodle

 
Hi everyone!

Well as many of you know the fabulous Emma Zappone and myself have joined forces!
We are Kit the Habit.
We are going to bring you some fabulous little kits - made by us.  Unique, different and perfect for scrapbooking layouts, Project Life spreads or cards.  One of the key items in each kit will be our 'Little bit of Randoms' - a sheet of quotes/sayings.  You see this is what started the whole adventure.  Emma and I both scrap a lot and find it frustrating that so many of the sayings are about perfect moments, and wonderful life, and well lets face it - life isn't perfect.  It's made up of some pretty wonderful moments but also some pretty average ones too.  So we decided to make our own!  The 'Little bit of Randoms' will contain everyday sayings, movie quotes, song titles etc.  We can't way to share them with you!

So recently we released our first kit.  We are so happy with it, and the response has been overwhelming! Thankyou to all of you who have purchased a kit.  I love our little scrappy community.  I love how we are all supportive of one another, and how we encourage each other.

Here's the full Kit and Kaboodle, available for $32 plus $4 postage (within Australia):


Isn't it gorgeous? 

It contains 6 6x4" Project Life Cards, 6 3x2" Project Life Cards, a 5x4 Project Life Card, 2 3x4" Foil Project Life Cards (all made by us), 4 x Flairs (made by us), 3 lots of Washi Tape, 3 2Crafty Chipboard Feathers, a Sheet of 'Little Bit of Randoms' (made by us), 6 cut pieces (made by us), a stack of unique feathers, metal arrow and metal arrowhead.
The Kits are available here. (Just pop sold in the comment underneath the photo) :-)

I couldn't wait to play with it. 

Here's the page I've created:


 
I just love the colours, and those feathers are divine!
 
You will notice that some of the Project Life cards have quotes along one of the edges.  Emma and I decided to do this, rather than having the quote over the entire area. This means it can be used in Project life or as I've used above, in a layout layered with other cards, with the quote sticking out along the edge.
 
I started by adding some watercolour to the background, and then added some stamping.  I tore off a few bits of Washi tape and randomly added them to the background too.
I grabbed the 2Crafty chipboard Feathers and some 2Crafty chipboard frames, and sprayed them with gesso, and then added some stamped words to them with black ink.  I love the effect.
I then just layered up the Project Life cards, cutting and tearing as I went. 
The feathers are so stunning I decided to just totally leave them.
I made my own feather out of washi tape.  I just folded a strip onto itself and then snipped diagonally along each side to the centre.  I then shaped it into a feather shape! Easy!
I then added flairs, metal arrow, some of the 'Little Bit of Randoms' and even the string that we packaged the kits in!  The final touch was to add a few sequins.
 
 
(Out for Publication)
 
Well I hope this inspires you to play along with your kit. 
I'm already working on the next layout, so I'll be back soon to share that.
 
Hope you can get your kit on!
xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment