Friday 27 November 2015

More My Story for All About Scrapbooks

Hi everyone

I'm back to share another layout from the awesome 'My Story' Range available at All About Scrapbooks. Last week I did a bright funky page about myself and my daughter, and I was really taken with the gold accents.

So this week I decided to do a monochromatic page, using black, white and pops of gold.

 

I smeared some gesso over the paper, and then some gold paint.  I then gathered together scraps that happened to be sitting on my desk from other layouts,  from both the My Story range and also the Basic Grey Barista Range.  I also added a Simple Stories Frame - I am really loving the look of frames in the background of my layouts.  I like how it adds depth and layering without 'blocking' everything.  I love mixing up ranges.....at first it can be a little scary, but starting with a monochromatic theme can really help at first, as you are really only searching for one colour to mix.

I added embellishments to the layers - lots of word stickers, which I'm also a little obsessed with!  I cut a few arrows out of a 12x12 paper.  The gold in this paper range is stunning.  I love how it went so well with my bright, fresh layout from last week, but also feels so 'classy' added to black and white.

Of course a layout of mine at the moment wouldn't be complete without a few sequins.......here's a close up...

 
Back again soon!
I am so LOVING playing with these amazing products!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment